Sunday, June 22, 2014

Twenty Nine Years Ago .....

I became a mother for the very first time. Wow. My oldest son is 29.  That is so hard to believe. Being a mother is the best gift God has ever given me (other than my salvation).  Michael who is now called Mike (except by me, his father and a few siblings)  lives in Orlando with his wife (our wonderful daughter in law) Amber.  He is the worship pastor at Grace Conway. We are so proud of him and miss him lots. We try to see him every few months ....   this time we haven't seen them since March.

As I always say.... time goes so fast.  I remember our first day of home schooling... he was 6. I remember what field trips we took that year, his very first verse he memorized in school....  the journey has been such a gift.  So many great memories....

I love seeing the man he has become. Even though  I do not talk with him every day or sometimes ... every week.... I know this is how life is...   he is such a dedicated man of God, husband and son and brother.

Happy Birthday, Michael. We love you!





Grace~ Teena

1 comment:

  1. WOW 29! I can't begin to imagine! I'm not much older than Mike! It's a blessing to read here about your family!

    ReplyDelete